The author of this letter, Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble. I’d love to hear the counter arguments to the points made below.
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.
You scare me because:
- after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
- I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
- you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
- you have never run a company or met a payroll.
- you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core.
- you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others.
- for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.
- You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America ‘ crowd and deliver this message abroad.
- you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.
- you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.
- you prefer ‘wind mills’ to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.
- you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.
- you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.
- your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.
- you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.
- you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.
- the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.
- you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.
- you prefer controlling over governing.
Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.